Vetrya announces that it has licensed content security solution Microsoft PlayReady and integrated it into Eclexia video cloud, a Vetrya multiscreen platform available on Microsoft Windows Azure for the distribution of video and on demand live streaming contents on smartphone, tablet, web and connected tv
Roma, July 25, 2012
The important growth of video services delivered through IP broadband networks requires broadcasters, content providers, publishers and media companies to structure itself at the best to deliver live and on demand contents.
Eclexia is the Vetrya multiscreen video cloud distribution platform, available on Microsoft Windows Azure.
A complete system of management video asset that allows end to end management of live streaming and on demand video contents distribution from any source and on any device: connected Tv, smartphones, tablets, game consoles, set-top-boxes and web.
To match the requirements from the Studios and content providers for the protection and distribution of top and premium contents, Eclexia video cloud integrated Microsoft PlayReady.
Eclexia video cloud, together with the PlayReady solution, is an opportunity for all broadcasters, publishers, film distribution companies, media companies and telecommunication operators looking for a solution that will increase the average revenue per user and that offers innovative experiences through the entertainment services on mobile and fixed technology. The platform offers to consumers a series of new business models that enable innovative usage scenarios in the world of connected devices, online and mobile entertainment.
Top characteristics of Eclexia video cloud are:
- Live and on demand fruition on any connected device with no bandwidth limitation: smartphones, tablets, connected TV, web, OTTV boxes, game consoles
- Multiscreen distribution of high quality broadband internet TV services
- Unlimited hosting of contents and applications to deliver through Windows Azure, a global network of logical data center managed by Microsoft
- Management of live and video playlist contents through the self-adaptive streaming solution
- Distribution of free and premium contents on demand. Creation of a VOD store, or a contents marketplace where subscribers can easily access and display videos
- Automatic management of the ingestion process of video in any format and encoding. From a single video and / or an entire video library automatically sets encodings for any device, also using transcoding tasks
- Automatic updated content on multiple distribution channels such as YouTube and iTunes, using the syndication tools or RSS to expand distribution and build online communities
- Content protection, security and digital rights management with the best DRM encryption solutions secured by the Microsoft PlayReady suite on any device, included smartphone and tablet Microsoft, Apple, Android.
- Interconnection with the biggest content delivery network.
- Integration with the customer CMS systems
- Complete management of advertisement campaigns, accesses analysis, and audience through analysis dashboard, reporting and customer care
- Integration with third-party analytics platforms
- Advertising management in pre-roll, insert, video banner and overlay mode and integration with Advertisement market server and billing systems
- Management of live programming or scheduled events
- Dedicated applications for any device and services for the integration with social media. Integration to and from Internet websites and all devices. Social network, customized forum, widgets, Facebook contests and applications
- Second screen applications that allow to automatically synchronize the on air transmission on an audio-listening basis and contextualize the same in an interactive environment, which is the internet
- Delivery of services and premium contents through the multichannel integrated platform: all circuits of credit cards, PayPal, mPayment, premium SMS and PostePay
- Playout Format for the television layout format broadcasting for the complementary distribution platform: Digital Terrestrial, Satellite, Cable